10 questions to ask your dealer when buying electronic components
Mon, 2007-08-06 10:32
- Is this equipment equipped with ISOBUS-compliant electronic controls?
- Does this machine come with a virtual terminal (VT)?
- Is the VT fully complaint with the ISO 11783 standard?
- What functions can the VT monitor or control?
- Does the VT or device support third-party controllers? If so, what controllers does it support?
- Where do I go for service and support?
- What is the payback for my farming operation?
- Will this equipment enable me to maintain a mixed fleet approach to precision ag solutions?
- Does this allow me to add products later for expanded operational efficiency (e.g., implement steering, asset management)?
- Has the equipment been tested for ISOBUS compliance at DLG in Europe or Wyle Labs in Cedar Falls, IA?