A compilation of the most recent planting and planter coverage from Farm Industry News
Just in time for spring planting, Farm Industry News brings you a compilation of the most up-to-date and relevant planting and planter equipment coverage we have published in recent months. Read up on what you need to know before you head out into the field to plant.
- Proper planter maintenance is critical for correctly placing expensive seed into the ground when planting begins. Farmers need to take care of the maintenance now before the planting window opens.
- What's next for row-crop planters? Tom Evans with Great Plains Manufacturing and Austin Gruel with John Deere discuss features of their latest row-crop planters. Both were speakers at a Farm Industry News seminar on row-crop planters held during the 2012 National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, Ky.
- Planter manufacturers AGCO-White, Case IH and Kinze offer new technologies on their latest rwo-crop planters. Gary Hamilton from AGCO-White, Bill Hoeg from Case IH, and Chris Schlesser from Kinze explained these technologies in interviews following a Farm Industry News seminar held at the 2012 National Farm Machinery Show.
- Kinze gave Farm Industry News editors a tour of its booth at NFMS, which featured three hot new items this year. Kinze also introduces new planter configurations. ISO electronics capability makes the new planters compatible with any monitors, including those sold by John Deere and Case IH.
- Precision Planting has harnessed Apple’s iPad 2 tablet computer to provide real-time in-cab mapping of planter performance data captured by its 20/20 SeedSense monitor.
- Ag Leader is testing a new system with the Integra display that monitors and adjusts a planter’s down force depending on field and soil conditions. Ag Leader is working with Dawn Equipment on it.
- Farmers weigh market trends in considering planting decisions this spring.
- Reports of fields planted by mid-March in central and southern Illinois are coming in.