The 2009 harvest presented its own set of drying challenges, including immature, high-moisture crops combined with cold temperatures and high humidity. Because of these conditions, I started harvesting at higher moisture, beginning at around 29%. Due to an extremely wet and rainy October, almost all of my corn was harvested in November.                                

Because of a broken belt in the grain leg that takes the dry corn from our dryer, I decided to finish harvest by dumping some 19% corn on the top of my last bin. By using the Bullseye capabilities, I was able to lower the moisture in the top of the bin without over-drying the bottom. It was the slowest and the most costly corn-drying season I have ever had.     

The 2010 corn harvest was one like I have never seen. The harvest started in early October and I never had a rain delay during the entire harvest. The crop was in beautiful condition, starting at around 18% moisture, so I bypassed my dryer and dumped our entire crop directly into the bins. By using the controllers, I was able to run my fans only when conditions were optimal, thus reducing electrical and overall maintenance costs.