We work pretty hard here at Farm Industry News to bring you quality agricultural journalism throughout the year. And that hard work pays off in a variety of ways that makes us truly enjoy what we do. Hearing from Farm Industry News readers is incredibly rewarding, whether it’s through an email, a call, an online comment or in person at a farm show. Anytime we hear that someone learned how the latest farm technology works, or that an article provoked a number of questions and discussion, or that our coverage helped a farmer make buying decisions, we gain great satisfaction in doing what we do.
Occasionally we get lucky and that hard work is also recognized by organizations around the country that host awards programs for business publications like ours. Last week I had the honor of representing Farm industry News at the 2013 American Society of Business Publication Editors regional and national awards ceremonies in Chicago, where we received eight awards for our work in 2012.
The awards included:
- Regional silver award for Special Supplement: The List Issue (February 2012) by Farm Industry News staff
- National silver award for Technical Article: Fast apps by Jodie Wehrspann
- Regional gold award for Front Cover – Photo: Growing the Gold (September 2012) by Lynn Varpness, Mike Krivit
- Regional bronze award for Front Cover – Computer Generated: Redefining fuel efficiency (November 2012) by Lynn Varpness and Mike Krivit
- Regional silver award for Front Cover – Computer Generated: Buyer’s Forecast 2013 (December 2012) By Lynn Varpness and Mike Krivit
- Regional bronze award for Opening Spread: Growing the Gold (September 2012) by Mark Moore, Lynn Varpness and Mike Krivit
- Regional bronze award for Publication Redesign: (August 2012) by Lynn Varpness
- National silver award for E-Newsletter – Farm Industry News Now by Kathy Huting and Farm Industry News staff
We know the hardest workers are you, the farmers that feed our population, and we wouldn’t be able to bring you the best agricultural news if you didn’t read our magazine online and in print. So here’s a big thank you to you, our readers, as we celebrate the honor of receiving these awards. We couldn’t do it without you!